Tuesday, June 21, 2011

15 week Milestones

Megan is 15 weeks old, and I have to say that it was "easiest" when she was just a couple of weeks old. I wish I knew then to revel in those hours of sleep; to revel in those long chunks of time when I could do whatever I wanted; to revel in feeling a bit like my old self. These days, Megan is awake longer and crankier when she hasn't napped enough. The days of me having at least an hour a day to myself are few and far between. Honestly, it can drive a girl crazy. Today is a rare occurrence: I'm home while Megan is napping in her swing which means she's not napping in the car or at a restaurant...which means I can actually sit down and reflect on the last couple of months.


Megan Milestones:
Megan is now holding and reaching toys with both hands. She loves to look at her hands and clasp them together as if she is praying...so adorable. She loves taking baths and has figured out that splashing water with her feet gets quite a reaction from mom. She is practicing the basic speech patterns of 'ba,' 'ooh,' and 'ahh.' We love to have conversations with her. She loves to blow spit bubbles and make noises like a motor-boat. When she was 13 weeks, she giggled for the first time :-) We had a particularly rough day, and I like to think that giggling was her gift to me...something to say, "Hey mom, it's going to be alright. We'll get through this with little moments like these." Ever since then, we've found that kissing her neck and blowing scherberts on her belly usually result in a couple of giggles. Megan has been sleeping like a champ. Our bedtime routine consists of 5oz of milk, a swaddle, a turtle night-light, a sound machine, and a kiss goodnight. She sleeps from about 9pm-3am. We can usually count on at least 6 hours of sleep at once. Then she wakes up, we feed her again, and she sleeps for another 4 or 5 hours. It will be great when we can drop the middle of the night feeding.  It doesn't seem like it will ever happen, but I hear it does :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment