Tuesday, June 7, 2011

C-Section

Getting prepped for surgery

NICU team suctioning out the meconium

My uterus :-)

Trav after the surgery
Seeing Megs for first time

Getting a c-section was definitely not the plan. I could go on and on about how I wanted Megan's birth to go differently, but at the end of the day, the only thing that mattered was having a happy and healthy baby. I came to that realization at about 7pm on March 8. The decision was ours.  We could have chosen to continue laboring and hope that I would dilate, but by that point I was scared about Megan getting an infection from the meconium. 
Overall, the c-section was a scary experience. I wish I could think of a better word or feeling to describe what was swimming around in my head when they wheeled me into the operating room. I felt alone and out-of-control. I saw Megan once before they took her to "transition." I didn't see her again for another four hours. It was excruciating and probably the worst part about all of it. I don't want to belabor the issue. I'm just thankful that we both came of the surgery fine.



No comments:

Post a Comment