Saturday, October 30, 2010

The Half-way Point


***This picture was the first day I found out I was pregnant***

Welcome to our first baby blog! On June 19, 2010 I took my first of three pregnancy tests. You can say that I was in shock and disbelief when I saw the word 'pregnant.' I was so excited that there was no way I could keep this exciting news underwraps for 12 weeks.                                               

The timing of our pregnancy couldn't have been more perfect. During the first trimester, Travis and I traveled to the Czech Repulic and Holland to visit Tod, Nursel, and the kids. It was great to see them and get a lot of parenting advice.  When we returned home, the first trimester blues were in full swing. I thought being a teacher taught me what it meant to be exhausted, but I soon realized that the kind of exhaustion associatated with pregnancy takes on a whole new life.  I napped constantly and rarely felt like leaving the house.

Once we hit the 8-week marker, we started our monthly check-ups with the doctor.  On our first visit we got the chance to see our little bean-pod. There she was--so little and alive inside of me.  I've never witnessed or been a part of something so beautiful and miraculous. I usually am not a crier, especially in front of people, but I could not hold back the emotion as I heard her rapid 155 beat heart rate.  

Over the last five months, thoughts of Megan's arrival has consumed me.  I was obsessed with the size she was in terms of fruits and vegetables, and I couldn't read enough baby books and pregnancy websites.  I've learned, though, that I'm spending so much time anticipating and preparing for what's to come that I'm not fully enjoying the day-to-day joys of my first pregnancy.  From now on, I will try to not look too far ahead.  After all, Megan will be here before we know it :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment