Saturday, October 30, 2010

A Different Kind of Trip

 ****Week 23****

Nothing makes me happier than feeling the intercoastal breeze from the Atlantic Ocean and seeing the Spanish moss hanging from live oaks that surround the Jekyll Island Club. 
We've been taking this annual trip with the Wages for the past three years. I knew this vacation would be different considering my co-pilot tagging along, but I have never felt more relaxed or more at peace than I do now. 

All in all, the pregnancy is progressing well.  I've gained about 15lbs, and I am getting used to seeing the scale increase at each doctor's appointment. My back aches a bit more each day, but my blood pressure and protein are normal, which they check at each appointment. The increase in estrogen has been wreaking havoc on my skin, but that is a small price to pay for a healthy little bean-pod.  I also have noticed the linea nigra line on my stomach.  I definitely don't love it and can't wait for it to disappear once I deliver Megan :-) My aversion to chicken persists--save for the chicken sandwiches from Chick-fil-a. I'm trying to maintain a healthy diet free of too many bagels, but the elastic pants and flaring shirts don't offer much incentive. I hope to get the motivation to head back to the gym soon, but right now I'm just enjoying life.

As Megan continues to bop around my belly (especially when I blast a little Jewel and Britney), I sit in our room and hear the sweetest sounds--the boys hollering at the TV over the lack-luster performance by the Dawgs, the pounding of the keys on the keyboard, and the ringing of the bells on the bikes down below. I am starting to realize that although this trip is a different kind of trip than years past, it really doesn't get much better!

No comments:

Post a Comment