Saturday, November 20, 2010

Showered with Love


 

 

Being able to celebrate our pregnancy with all of our family and friends is so special to us. I was overwhelmed with joy, love, and gratitude at the shower hosted by my wonderful friends at Chamblee Middle School. 

I was running a tad late to the festivities, but when I walked into the CMS library, I saw the most beautiful site--wonderful friends that I admire and respect and the CMS guys chugging baby bottles. It was awesome!  The fun continued as we took on the next challenge--which team could change a baby's diaper the fastest. I'm proud to say our team won, not because of my pitiful efforts, but because I was on a team with true mommy professionals! The decorations and balloons were decked out in pink and the food was fabulous. 

There were so many wonderful friends that had a hand in making the shower so special. It's true what they say--sometimes words are just not enough to express your gratitude. I also couldn't believe all the people that chose to stay after work and celebrate this happy time with us. As Travis and I were walking out, a flood of emotion consumed me. I hope that everyone has a chance to feel the way I felt last Tuesday night:  showered--in spades--with love!

No comments:

Post a Comment