Tuesday, December 7, 2010

And the beat goes on...

Today we head to our 28 week doctor's appointment. In about 1 1/2 hours I'll be drinking a pretty sugary mixture aimed at testing whether or not I have gestational diabetes.  I'm not looking forward to that, but hopefully all will be well. More and more I am beginning to feel the pangs of pregnancy--mostly in my lower back and feet. I can neither sit or stand for long periods of time which is a bit annoying.  Reclining is also an issue.  I probably wake-up between 5 and 10 times a night just to re-adjust and get in a comfortable position. 

I've started reading aloud The Hunger Games series to Megan. I've been so disappointed that I haven't had time to finish the second book, that I thought 'why not kill two birds with one stone.' So...I am hosting my own little read aloud to her.  Sure it's taking me a lot longer than reading silently, but I like that we are both experiencing the book together. I hope this sparks a love of literature and how words can make music when put in the right order.

We are still working on getting Megan's room finished. I have hung and folded her clothes. I'm holding off on washing them for right now. We still need to purchase the dresser and crib and a few other essentials.  I'm oddly enough not too concerned.  It feels like there is plenty of time before Megan comes, but I'm probably just kidding myself. 

No comments:

Post a Comment