Saturday, February 26, 2011

Advice

Since I've been pregnant I've solicited a lot of advice from friends and family, and they've been gracious enough to give it to me. By nature I am not a researcher.  I will not sit on the computer for hours looking up the best sling, stroller, or carseat to use, so I rely on those willing to share their knowledge with me. You all have offered me such comfort.  You've held my hand through this unchartered territory, and words do not express how grateful I am to all of you. Here are some of the things that I've learned along the way:
--Read The Happiest Baby on the Block and Dr. Spock's book (8th edition is the one I have).  Both of these books have put my mind at ease about how to care for Megan. I also enjoyed reading Baby Wise as it offers a great guide for feeding/sleeping schedules. I will soon see how helpful these book actually are.  
--Continue working out. I stopped when I found out I was pregnant because I was too tired and not feeling like myself.  I wish I hadn't.  Now, it's even harder to get myself back to the gym now that I'm 40lbs heavier than before.
--Don't buy any baby clothes unless something is so cute that your heart melts.  We've purchased a frog coat and an elf outfit.  They are adorable!
--Wear your baby.  I obviously haven't done this yet, but I love the idea of not relying on the use of a stroller. I also like the idea of getting a great workout.
--Breastfeed...if you can.  The more I read about it, the more confident I am that I can do it.
--Do things your own way. For example, I love white bedding for a baby. It's so pristine, and it reminds me of Brahms Lullaby. Even though some people think it's crazy, I now have beautiful, dainty white linens for Megan's crib...and I love it!

No comments:

Post a Comment