Sunday, February 27, 2011

Celebrating

To me, the best part about baby showers is that everyone you love in your life is there...in that one room...celebrating the impending birth of your new little one. Travis and I are bathed in love and support from our family and friends. 

I am not one that likes being the center of attention. In fact, I feel so awkward in this role that I usually just want to hide in a corner.  Note to self: pregnancy does nothing if you want to remain inconspicuous. 

Below are some pictures of the showers that were hosted in honor of Megan.  


***My first shower was hosted by my CMS family in November. It was so special to see so many friends and old co-workers stay after school to celebrate the pregnancy. I cannot put into words how I felt.



***This was at the shower hosted by Gloria's friends on January 16th. There were so many women there who have known Travis since he was born! The hostesses went above and beyond with the flower decorations and the food --the petit fors were especially scrumptious, !



***This was at the shower hosted by my dear, close friend Heather on January 22. She created a nursery rhyme theme for the shower complete with an adorable invitation, food to match, and a bookmark party favor--very appropriate! Oh and I can't forget the games--baby food tasting and "Finish the line" nursery rhymes.  Loved it.







***This next shower was given to me by my PCMS family in February. Paula and Nancy hosted this beautiful occassion. Can you believe I actually needed to be 'talked into' going because this was the day of the basketball playoffs, and I 'needed' to be there with the cheerleaders??? Yes, I was crazy, and quickly set straight by my PCMS 'moms.'




***My final shower was a complete surprise. My wonderful 6Gold team threw it for me my last day at work on February 18th. The kids did such a great job keeping the shower a secret from me. There was no shortage of love in that science classroom!






It was a full circle moment for me to start my baby showers with one thrown by my CMS family and to end with one by my PCMS family. I am so thankful for all the people in my life.

No comments:

Post a Comment