Sunday, February 27, 2011

The Markings

It's no secret that I've enjoyed a healthy weight gain over the last nine months. In total, I've added about 37lbs to my frame. When you think that Megan and all of that other "Megan" stuff weighs about 12lbs, then I've gained a whopping 25lbs of just...blubber. Now don't get me wrong, it's been fun eating lots of pie, ice-cream, bread, bagels, and candy. I have denied myself nothing in terms of the bliss that food can offer.

And the evidence? Well, it all lies right there on my thighs! I swear it's like looking at the Grand Canyon. I'm not entirely upset about this, but at the same time, I wonder how long it will be before I'm back to my old-self. And as I write that, do I really want to return to that?  Sure, it would be nice to have the body and freedom of that 20ish year old that started this journey, but a bigger more poignant question is why would I want to change the markings of this incredible nine months? No longer is my daily purpose work, gym, and socializing. Something greater has taken hold of me...and it rocks my very foundation.

No comments:

Post a Comment